At WJ Project Services, we offer our engineering experience to an extensive client base of companies within the UK railways and power supply industries. Specialising in both AC and DC railway systems, our exceptional team of accredited and experienced engineers work on the installation, testing and commissioning of both high voltage and low voltage systems.
Our engineers are not only experienced with a wide range of testing and commissioning projects, they are experienced in HV systems which interface with the Network Rail Overhead Line Catenary system and National Grid. They are also fully competent and fully qualified for all phases and components of the project.
As experts in electrical railway systems we offer a range of services including;
- Installation, Testing and Commissioning of HV and LV Switchgear and Protection equipment.
- Design of Substation, Network and Integrated Protection Control Systems.
- Private network maintenance, modification and commissioning.
- System Short Circuit testing and monitoring.
- Substation and Switchgear Maintenance and fault diagnostics.
- High Voltage and Low Voltage switchgear mentoring and training.
- Senior Authorised Person / Level A, B, C and D competent engineers available for; Isolation and earthing, HV permit issuing, Isolation certificate issuing, Sanction for Test and Substation access.
- Acceptance of Permits HV and LV switching.
- Single phase and three phase testing of systems.
- Lead System Test Manager and Engineer competency.
- Section proving and testing of overhead lines.
- System safety assurance and entry into service.
- Specialist in Overhead Line Railway Dynamic testing.
- VL/VT signalling and telecoms monitoring.
- Preparation, validation and sign off, of testing and commissioning documentation, strategies and plans.
- Synchronised Injection Testing using test equipment with GPS links.
- Protection relay testing of all leading Intelligent Electronic Devices.
- Network IEC 61850 testing and configuration specialist engineers.
- Switchgear Contact resistance testing, AC pressure testing, functional testing and cable pressure testing / fault diagnostics.
- Implementation of Classic, Accelerated Distance Protection and Rational Autotransformer Protection Scheme (RATS).
- Accredited Engineering Management and Processes certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and RISQS (Qualified Via Audit).
Innovation and the continued development of the UK rail infrastructure and private network industry assists our engineers in the ongoing building of new, upgraded systems for our customers. With knowledge and experience, our engineers can utilise new innovations in order to ensure systems run as efficiently as possible while identifying and rectifying any known or discovered faults.
To learn more about our full list of services, or to discover what our team can do for your project, please get in touch with a member of the team who will go over your brief and put you in touch with the relevant persons.